Monday, June 10, 2013

Chocolate Mint

Here again with another Polar seltzer MINT CHOCOLATE. It's part of their winter limited edition so obviously I should drink it in the summer. Now when I opened the bottle of this strange little flavor experiment I half expected Frankenstein's monster to bust through my wall yelling "MINT CHOCOLATE BAAAAD" but no such luck. Somehow I enjoyed the taste but it's really hard to get over how it really has that chocolatey, savory, creamy flavor in a seltzer (like how bubble gum flavored foods just seem weird when you always got yelled at to spit out your gum). The seltzer almost tastes like Andes mints which is delicious but weird to drink. I really expected it to taste more like dark chocolate than milk chocolate but it just doesn't. I think that might have been an easier flavor to swallow. However, the natural bitter taste of seltzer went really well with the chocolate flavor and the mint was clearly there but not overpowering (left a nice subtle mint aftertaste too). If you want something refreshing this probably isn't it but if you're in the market for the unusual (sorry I'm taken) then this is your beverage.

No comments:

Post a Comment